Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Julie G Blueberry Fizz

Julie G Blueberry Fizz is a lovely color from the recent Gumdrop collection.  It's apparently supposed to be another "liquid sand" type polish, but when dry it looks more like a dense glitter to me; definitely not the "matte background with sparkly glitter peeking through" a la Zoya.  The color is a bit of a chameleon - I'd call it "sky blue" most of the time, but in different lighting it takes on a lavender tint, and as I'm looking at it right now it has a bit of an aqua tint.  The texture is a bit bumpy, as with all these types of finishes, but it doesn't snag on anything.  The background seems to be a microglitter with larger hexagonal glitter pieces interspersed.  The end result is a texture that looks a lot like Orly's Pink Pixel.  Application was very good - easy to control, nice brush, and laid down evenly.  It was a tad sheer, so I did 3 coats here for depth of color.  I did not use a t/c, per instructions, and dry time was very fast - I'm impressed!  Enjoy -     >^..^<




















No comments:

Post a Comment