Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Marc Jacobs Blue Velvet

This is a polish I inherited from a friend.  It is a dark midtone blue that isn't quite navy in the sun, but looks darker in indirect light, but never black.  It has a turquoise green shimmer to it, which reminds me of OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue, but I haven't compared them side by side.  Application was quite nice - it is highly pigmented, and I could have done just one coat if I really wanted to, but I chose to do two to even out the formula and cover some thin paths.  The formula itself is nice and creamy, applies easily, and I have no complaints about the brush.  I can't say it's terribly unique, but it is pretty!  Enjoy -     >^..^<

ETA:  This stains - more than any blue I've used in a long time.  Talk about Smurf fingers!  But I painted Blue Cross cuticle remover all over my nails and skin where it was blue, and when I used acetone based remover to take it off all the blue disappeared with it!  You should try Blue Cross as remedy for polish residue.   :)



No comments:

Post a Comment