Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Butter London Fiddlesticks

Butter London Fiddlesticks is a beautiful dark fuchsia, almost pinky-plum, sheer base with fuchsia glitter.  Application was average - as with most BL's I've tried.  It was a little more difficult to control than some of the textured polishes I've used recently, so I think I'm spoiled.  :)   It goes on a pigmented sheer, with not too much streaking, and needed 3 coats for sufficient opacity (for me).  Unfortunately it quickly starts to dry down to a very textured finish and the glitter is gritty and dull.  I used Gelous and SV here, and I can still see the grittiness a bit.  I like the base color of this one, but the glitter isn't as impressive in the sun as I wish it were - it actually looks better to me in indirect lighting indoors during the day.  Personally I think most BL's are overpriced for the quality of the polish you get - I still favor Lippmann's and Chanel's in the high end category.  But this one is very pretty - just not worth the price.  Enjoy -     >^..^<
















No comments:

Post a Comment