Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

China Glaze Infra-Red

ChG Infra-Red is another from the recently released Hologlam collection.  This is more of a fuchsia than a true red, as it has a strong pink undertone.  The holo in this one is more mild and less noticeable than some others in this collection (I've worn Moonboots and When Stars Collide and both of them seemed to have a stronger holo).  There must be something about red pigment and holo, as my OPI DS Ruby has a weaker holo than some of the other shades.  Anyway - I used Bonder as a base for this one (with Poshe tc), and application was ok at best - not too streaky but did leave some bald spots near the cuticle, and needed 2 coats for adequate coverage (but still much better application than I got with my HG base Orly Nailtrition).  Unfortunately it chipped terribly - I paint my nails at night, and when I woke up in the morning I had a chip within an hour... that never happens.  Tip wear was very obvious during the day, so I'll have to experiment with different tc/bc combos for these.  I enjoyed this one - the pink was exactly what I was in the mood for! Enjoy -     >^..^<

















No comments:

Post a Comment