Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ChG Take a Trek

ChG Take a Trek is another selection from the spring 2013 Hologlam collection.  It's lighter denim blue than Strap on Your Moonboots, which is a tad darker, and Take a Trek has a very slight aqua undertone.  I used Orly Bonder as a base, as I did with the other Hologlams I've tried, and application was... patchy at best.  I don't have an aquabase, so I do the best I can with what I have.  The first coat applied with bald streaks and goopy accumulations along swipe lines, and it took 3 coats to even it out, and I can still see some of the unevenness in certain lighting.  But the end result is beautiful - the fine holo isn't very prominent in indirect lighting, but in direct sunlight it shows up just fine.  It's a beautiful color, and so far wear is pretty good - no chipping yet, unlike Infra-Red.  If you like finely textured mid strength holos, this is a beautiful one to have - I'm glad I picked it up!  Enjoy -    >^,,^<
















No comments:

Post a Comment