Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Essie Vested Interest

Essie Vested Interest is from the new Fall 2013 collection.  It is a muted, dusty darker seafoam green creme, and is almost a dead-on dupe of School of Hard Rocks.  Boo, Essie!  But I like the color, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  Application was very nice - good consistency, easy to control, slightly streaky on the first coat, but was completely opaque and even at just 2 coats.  I wanted to try out my Orly Green Flakie Topcoat, so I put it over VE later the next day, and I can't say I'm over the moon about this look - it looks prettier in pics than it does in real life.  The light blue of the flakies plays nicely off the green of the polish, but it is a subtle look, and just doesn't stack up to other flakies used with a matte topcoat (ex: FP Motley).  I tried the Pink Flakie TC a while back and wasn't in love with that one either.  Anyway - VE is a lovely green, the kind of green I actually like and wear!  Enjoy -     >^..^<


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment