Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lippmann Raise Your Glass

Lippmann Raise Your Glass is a Canadian exclusive celebrating the 175th anniversary of Holt-Renfrew department stores, in the store's signature fuchsia / magenta color.  It is a deep fuchsia creme / jelly hybrid with scattered pink glitter particles.  Application was ok - not as good as most Lippmann's I have - it is a tad thick and very pigmented for a crelly, but it did tend to streak a bit, so I used 3 coats here for full opacity and depth of color.  It dried with a slightly matte finish, and was quite lumpy - I used Gelous and Poshe here, and you can still see the variations in the finish.   I'm honestly disappointed, as my expectations were higher for more glitter presence - it didn't "pop" in the sun like I was hoping; I think the sparkle is actually more visible in indirect light.  I love colors like this, and I had high hopes, and although I like it, it's not love.  Sorry Deborah -       >^..^<

The first 2 pics are linked from Photobucket, the rest are direct upload to Blogger - note the differences.  Grr.



















No comments:

Post a Comment